The following guide is to help ensure the artwork you upload doesn’t cause a delay in processing your order. If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to call us or email us.
FILE SIZE AND FORMAT
- To ensure best results, please send files in PDF format.
- Unnecessarily large files will cause a slow down in the processing of your files. An image for an A4+3mm bleed at 300dpi is absolutely NO larger than 10MB. View our FAQ page for help in reducing image file size.
- All artwork supplied must be based in CMYK unless a spot/Pantone colour is also specified.
- If you supply files that are RGB or unspecified spot/Pantone colours, they will be automatically converted to CMYK, which can slightly change colours as they may appear different from what is seen on screen.
- We are well equipped to run five-colour work if required.
- It is essential that black text is generated using only the black plate.
COLOUR REPRODUCTION / PROOF CHECK
- We will provide you with a colour proof copy on request, but this is not an exact colour match.
- A ‘spot’ colour service is provided at an additional cost to check if the colour is correct.
- All images should be 300 dpi, but a minimum of 200 dpi is stipulated. Any lower resolution will result in a blocky image.
- Print materials such as business cards, brochures and flyers require a minimum of 300 dpi.
PAGE SIZE AND BLEED
- Ensure your artwork is on the correct page size and that there is 3mm bleed around the finished artwork.
- Bleed is required to allow for the tolerance of guillotines used in the finishing/cutting of the job and to eliminate any margin of error.
- A 4mm clearance is suggested from
trimsize for important elements – text imagery etc. (Example: A4 page:216x303mm trim: 210x297mm)
Downloads of sizes and margins are available.
- Please make sure all fonts used in the artwork are embedded while producing your PDF.
- For unusual fonts, we recommend converting the text created with this font into curves, paths or outlines – dependent upon the software package being used. This prevents us requesting the original font when we print your job, and improves processing times.
- Please ensure that the files that you supply are orientated correctly.
FOLDING JOB EXAMPLES
- If you intend ordering a job that requires folding, please check the examples provided to ensure your artwork supplied is correct.
- Whilst every effort will be made to inform you of any apparent errors, we will reproduce the artwork you provide without further proof-reading on our part.
- We do not accept responsibility for any inaccuracies in your artwork.